This course is appropriate for IT Support and Network Security Professionals, as well as any other individuals with responsibility for managing Edge in their company’s environment.
This course is designed for DNS Edge™ analysts and administrators.
The course is divided into modules and takes an estimated 4 hours to complete.
This course is available as self-paced eLearning.
Course Objectives and Overview
This eLearning course focuses on the skills and knowledge necessary to successfully operate as a DNS Edge™ analyst or administrator. This course consists of a number of eLearning modules including interactive simulations and videos.
Upon successful completion of the DNS Edge™ Training, attendees are able to:
- Explain how Edge differs from traditional security measures
- Explain how DNS queries are analyzed by DNS Edge™
- Discuss the purpose of DNS Edge threat indicators and the characteristics of tunneling, volumetric, and DGA attacks.
- Apply filters, filter commands with wildcards, and combinations of filters to refine query results
- Create and configure domain lists, namespaces, and policies.
Introduction to DNS Edge™
- DSN Edge™ Components and Capabilities
- Blocking Threats
- Enforcing Policies
- DNS Queries, Recursion, and Resource Records
- DNS Edge™ Concepts
- DNS Threat Concepts
Navigation and User Management
- Viewing Queries and Threats
- Creating and Updating Users
Filtering DNS Edge™ Data
- Types of Filters
- Formatting Filters
- Chaining Multiple Filters
Domain Lists and Policies
- Creating and Managing Domain Lists
- Monitoring, Blocking, Redirecting, and Allowing Queries
- Creating and Managing Policies
- Working with the Datarake Diagnostics Collector
- Understanding the Datarake Archive Filename
- Working with the Contents of the Datarake Archive
- Utilizing Captured Point-In-Time Diagnostics
Namespaces and Sites
- Working with Namespaces
- Creating Sites and Site Groups
- Namespaces, Service Points, and NXDOMAIN Responses