The course assumes that learners are comfortable using the Linux command line and have a general understanding of Address Manager. Familiarity with DNS, DHCP and IPv4 addressing would be helpful, though are not necessarily required.
This course is designed for Gateway administrators and workflow developers. It is appropriate for IT Support and Network Security Professionals, as well as any other individuals with responsibility for managing Gateway in their company’s environment.
The course is divided into 6 modules and takes an estimated 3 hours to complete.
This course is available as self-paced eLearning.
Course Objectives and Overview
IPAM Essentials focuses on the administration of the BlueCat Address Manager solution and the core network services provided by BlueCat DNS/DHCP servers as well as Windows DNS and DHCP services.
Upon successful completion of the IPAM Essentials Course, you will be able to:
- Install BlueCat Gateway
- Configure the Gateway interface Manage Gateway users and permissions
- Import, export, and configure Gateway workflows
- Troubleshoot common errors encountered by Gateway administrators
- Gateway Uses and Benefits
- Gateway Architecture
- Installing Gateway
- Importing Workflows
- Users, Groups, and Permissions
- Connecting Gateway to Multiple BAMs
- Editing the Gateway Interface
- Securing Gateway
- UI Workflows
- GUI Workflows
Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Viewing Gateway Statistics
- Gateway Logs and User Sessions
- Resolving Common Errors