This Privacy Statement has been developed by BlueCat Networks, Inc. (‘BlueCat’) to reflect our commitment to providing the highest level of integrity in customer service. We believe we fully comply both with the letter and spirit of applicable laws. Fairness and integrity are good business. BlueCat has:
i.been effectively and responsibly managing confidential information since its inception in 2000.
ii.privacy policies and procedures in place to implement the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
iii.developed our privacy practices within guidelines established by PIPEDA and the Canadian Marketing Association’s Canadian Privacy Legislation Guide (2000).
a. Accountability: We educate all our staff to be privacy sensitive; our Privacy Compliance Officer has instituted compliance measures, monitors ongoing PIPEDA compliance and responds to inquiries.
b.Identifying Purposes: We state the purposes for collecting information before or at the time of collection.
c.Consent: We obtain the prior consent of customers / members/ participants of our programs.
d.Limiting Collection: We limit the collection of information to that which is required for a specific program and to that which is voluntarily provided by program participants, either through a client program or individually.
e.Limited Use, Disclosure and Retention: We use the information that is provided to us for no other purposes than those disclosed (for which the information was collected) and we retain it only as long as necessary to fulfill those disclosed purposes.
f.Accuracy: Our employees take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of information provided to us by our participants.
g.Safeguards: We use industry standard methods of physical, organizational and technological security safeguards in the collection, use, disclosure, and retention of information provided to us. We do not sell, trade, or exchange mailing lists without consent, under any circumstances, with external third party vendors.
h.Openness: We are committed to making our policies and procedures for management of personal information readily available to our participants.
i.Individual Access: Upon request, our participants shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information by us, and receive access to that information.
j.Opting Out of a Program: Participants may opt out of a program. BlueCat also has a “Do Not Mail / Do Not Call” service for customers.
2. Disclosure to Service and Trading Providers – To process transactions, BlueCat must disclose some of your personal information to certain service providers. BlueCat only discloses to service providers which agree with BlueCat to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner consistent with this Policy. For a then current list of BlueCat’ service providers to whom personal information may be disclosed, please write to email@example.com.
3. Disclosure in Business Transfers – If BlueCat sells or transfers some or all of its business, it may disclose your personal information to the acquiring organization, if the acquiror agrees to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner consistent with this Policy. If at any time you do not wish BlueCat to disclose your personal information as part of any such sale or transfer please notify BlueCat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure – BlueCat may disclose your personal information to a government or quasi-governmental agency that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where BlueCat has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to BlueCat’s legal counsel.
5. Links – This web site may contain links to other sites. BlueCat assumes no responsibility for the information, statements, product/service claims, or privacy practices of other sites. Read the privacy statements of each web site that collects identifiable information.
6. Cookies – Our web site uses “cookies”, a technology that installs information on a web site user’s computer to permit the web site to recognize future visits using that computer and enhance your user experience. E.g., BlueCat uses your “cookie” information to recognize you as a previous user of the site. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the Web Site and your ability to access certain site features or engage in transactions through the Site.
7. Non-Identifiable Information – Like many other web sites, our site automatically collects certain non-identifiable information regarding site users, such as your computer’s and your Internet Service Provider’s Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, the date and time you access our site, the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site, your operating system, the sections, pages and images of the site you visit, read and view, and the content you download from the site. BlueCat uses this non-identifiable information for site and system administration purposes and to improve the site.