Using BlueCat DNS in the cloud
Cloud visibility and continuity
- Spin up our DNS servers or extend your existing DNS into the most popular public cloud environments
- Instant DNS injection and bi-directional resolution for DNS in any cloud
- Full visibility into cloud compute images
Automated provisioning in the cloud
- Stand up cloud compute instantly through BlueCat automation
- Enable self-service so cloud teams and DevOps can provision IP addresses and cloud compute faster
- Orchestrate network services with tools like Rundeck, Ansible, Terraform, and cloud orchestration tools like CloudFormation, and more
Visibility into activity and intent in the cloud
- Analyze DNS flows across hybrid environments
- Simplify forensic investigation and root cause analysis with granular, context-rich DNS data
- Act on threat intelligence with customizable security policies
Advanced resolution to optimize cloud performance
- Seamless interoperability with cloud native DNS services and cloud DNS configurations
- Migrate with confidence by providing alternate pathways to data sources and applications
- Optimize service and performance through internet breakouts and geo-proximity steering of DNS queries
Advanced capabilities for a flexible network
Your Domain Name System (DNS) infrastructure is probably complicated enough on its own. Moving to the cloud – particularly a hybrid environment – is only going to add more complexity.
Suddenly you’re managing separate authoritative DNS services in each environment, with nothing to tie that data together or integrate it with your existing on-prem systems. All of those DNS records and DNS zones have to connect with each other somehow. Without a single source of truth for the underlying infrastructure, you’re going to be stuck manually tracking a bunch of conditional forwarders to bridge the gaps between Route 53, Google Cloud DNS, Azure DNS, and whatever you’re running on-prem.
Then there’s the whole efficiency angle. You’re probably spending 30% of your time managing DNS anyway. When cloud and DevOps teams don’t get the kind of rapid response time they need from the network team, they’re probably going to spin up a BIND server or start using the native cloud DNS service to provision IP addresses. Suddenly, the network team doesn’t know what’s going on in the cloud. The risk of conflicts and downtime increases dramatically as a result. The challenge of shadow IT in the cloud is real, and it often starts with small DNS deployments on the margins.
Extending your security architecture into the cloud is another challenge. The shared security model puts cloud users on the hook for everything outside of the cloud provider’s infrastructure – not an easy task. Using DNS as a policy enforcement tool, you can prevent unauthorized access, ensure that data is only available to users with the need to know, and prevent lateral movement across environments. With the monitor, redirect, or block queries right at the network edge, you can implement a common security posture across the enterprise.
BlueCat offers the unified, fully integrated, automation-friendly solution for DDI that your complex hybrid cloud environment demands. Control your network infrastructure with a single source of truth, minimizing errors and eliminating the need for shadow IT. Secure your network right at the edge with DNS security. Optimize network performance in the cloud through automated self-service provisioning and intelligent forwarding. Leverage our strong REST APIs across the enterprise to further customize your solution.