Tomorrow starts here with Adaptive DNS
Today’s IT enterprise must deliver highly complex functionality and security where users, devices, and data operate – at the network edge. Doing this requires a fully integrated network infrastructure powered by automation – one which operates seamlessly across environments.
As the core infrastructure behind all network communication, DDI systems are a critical component of the high performance systems end-users demand. It also provides a strong foundation for network security through the connections and usage patterns flowing through your systems every day.
Through its partnership with Cisco, BlueCat brings a depth of visibility and control which many network and security teams never thought possible. By fully integrating DDI into the network and security management systems you use every day, we’re helping customers deliver the agile networks their end users demand.
BlueCat and Cisco deliver a new level of context and actionable data which security teams can use to rapidly identify and mitigate threats.
How it works: BlueCat’s Intelligent Security platform uses lightweight, client-facing DNS service points to collect granular information about devices and user activity right at the network edge. As the “first hop” in any network query, BlueCat sends the source IP and additional client-level data to Cisco Umbrella so cybersecurity personnel can identify and mitigate threats quickly. BlueCat also allows administrators to apply security policies to the internal, “east-west” queries which represent 60% of all network traffic. These policies can be informed by the context of external “north-south” policies shared by Cisco Umbrella back to BlueCat.
Through integrations with Cisco ISE, Cisco ISRs, Active Directory, and other core network management elements, BlueCat delivers consistent policy across internal and external access points. Using the power of service points, these policies can be deployed anywhere, including the Data Center, Campus, or Branch, to deliver sophisticated LAN side services that facilitate internet breakout.
- Find threats faster through rapid correlation of external threat data with source IP
- Visibility and control over internal, “east-west” queries (around 60% of network traffic)
- Cast a wider security net with enhanced threat intelligence
- Reduce network costs and optimize SD-WAN performance by eliminating data center backhauls
- Improve customer experience with fast, easy deployment – no matter what DDI solution is in place
Cisco DNA Center
Simplify network management with intent-based networking
Cisco DNA Center delivers the elegant, intent-based networking solution IT managers need to simplify their operations. Through an integration with BlueCat’s core DDI platform brings that vision of intent-based networking down to the infrastructure level. Leveraging a single source of truth for DDI data and BlueCat’s automation-friendly architecture, network managers can bring a new level of efficiency to their day to day operations.
- Reduce manual errors and downtime through automated validation of IP addresses
- Manage networks efficiently with automated allocation and management of IP addresses
- Reduce network complexity by managing the entire IP address workflow through a single platform
Already using BlueCat? Download the DNA Center workflow for free today.
Achieve automation efficiencies with BlueCat and Cisco ACI™
Cisco® Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI™), the industry’s leading software-defined networking solution, integrates with BlueCat’s enterprise-grade DNS automation platform so network managers get a centralized point of view that reduces the burden of managing complex DDI environments. Through this integration you can also share and synchronize subnets, IP addresses, and additional network information within the ACI fabric.
- Enhance visibility by viewing DDI assets directly in Cisco ACI
- Reduce manual data entry by synchronizing IP data automatically
- Speed up troubleshooting by assessing your entire DDI infrastructure in a single view
Are you a BlueCat customer? Setup the Cisco ACI integration today.